The perfect version of me gets up at 5am by the way. When I visualize the kind of person I want to be, I am getting up at 5am. Take that as you want.
The reason for it though, is because I need to create in my life. I need it the way I need to eat or sleep or exercise. If I cannot create, I feel this immense sadness. So, I took the last few weeks to go through different wellbeing books and they all speak of the same thing:
Have good morning habits.
Getting up at 5am to do creative work before anyone else gets up.
Taking in the secrets of the sunrise.
Doing something, simply for yourself, simply for the joy of it.
And, I realized that I don't have a lot of joy in my life. I have things I love and I have joyful moments. Many people have hobbies but my hobbies get pushed aside so often. I clean the house, cook some food, or go on Instagram before I sit down at the computer and write.
What gives me joy? Writing. Writing poetry, stories, prose, or writing to my imaginary children (different blog). Writing my morning pages. Having time to meditate. Morning pages take me about 45 minutes and they are a technique in The Artist's Way to connect you to the spirit and the higher you.
My morning writing has always been cleaner.
Plus, I was thinking about how I work all day serving other people. I like helping people, but, when do I fill my own cup? When am I working on my joy and my purpose? If I start the day doing things just for me, I end the day being more in balance. Then, I'm less overwhelmed with the responsibilities I take on after work.
So, I will try to get up at 5am to increase my happiness.
My counsellor told me that she gets up at 5am to go for a walk by herself everyday. At first, I was horrified.
But, I started to list and define what it would look like and feel like if I was healthy? A healthy person gets up at 5am to work on their own creative stuff I think.
If she can do it, I can do it.
So, let's try this.
Now I'm off to bed, I'm up at 5am tomorrow.
The reason for it though, is because I need to create in my life. I need it the way I need to eat or sleep or exercise. If I cannot create, I feel this immense sadness. So, I took the last few weeks to go through different wellbeing books and they all speak of the same thing:
Have good morning habits.
Getting up at 5am to do creative work before anyone else gets up.
Taking in the secrets of the sunrise.
Doing something, simply for yourself, simply for the joy of it.
And, I realized that I don't have a lot of joy in my life. I have things I love and I have joyful moments. Many people have hobbies but my hobbies get pushed aside so often. I clean the house, cook some food, or go on Instagram before I sit down at the computer and write.
What gives me joy? Writing. Writing poetry, stories, prose, or writing to my imaginary children (different blog). Writing my morning pages. Having time to meditate. Morning pages take me about 45 minutes and they are a technique in The Artist's Way to connect you to the spirit and the higher you.
My morning writing has always been cleaner.
Plus, I was thinking about how I work all day serving other people. I like helping people, but, when do I fill my own cup? When am I working on my joy and my purpose? If I start the day doing things just for me, I end the day being more in balance. Then, I'm less overwhelmed with the responsibilities I take on after work.
So, I will try to get up at 5am to increase my happiness.
My counsellor told me that she gets up at 5am to go for a walk by herself everyday. At first, I was horrified.
But, I started to list and define what it would look like and feel like if I was healthy? A healthy person gets up at 5am to work on their own creative stuff I think.
If she can do it, I can do it.
So, let's try this.
Now I'm off to bed, I'm up at 5am tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment