Use a mood tracker app to track your mood like Daylio. Sometimes, we mark a whole day as bad when it's really one or three bad things that happened.
Are you tracking mostly meh or bad? Ask yourself: what would it take to be happy?
Don't judge your answer. Sit and think about it. It might come to you right away or it may take a few weeks.
Do I need a plan?
a challenge?
money?
connection?
A bigger place to live?
Recognition?
Awards?
Friendships?
Travel?
You might find 1 thing or you might find 20 things. Write them down.
Sometimes we have big things in mind that takes a WHILE to get. Not all goals are 2 years long. Some goals take 10 years.
It's ok to trim a goal into smaller steps. If you decide at the end of the goal or in the middle of the goal, that the goal has changed. Congratulations, you are human.
Being as we always learn and evolve, we broaden our ideas and expand. So, maybe I'll never be a doctor by day and a ballerina by night like I had hoped to be when I was 6.
That doesn't mean that I gave up on my dream or I wasted my time dreaming about that. After all, something about that dreams drives into my values: I wanted to help others during the day, and I wanted to dance and hone an artistic craft.
I wanted to do one as much as I wanted to do the other one. Sometimes dreams come so close together and get mashed together. It takes some sorting to figure out what we want.
When we get what we want, we feel dissatisfied. We like the chase because we are hunters. We like the education behind attaining a goal because we are learners. We like the adventure of overcoming obstacles to get what we want because we are explorers.
We get hugely dissatisfied and uncomfortable because we are human.
If your blues turn into thoughts of shame, guilt, self-harm, and sadness, it's time to see your psychologist.
Comments
Post a Comment