I have been feeling down these last weeks and I finally started talking opening up to friends and family about it.
Turns out, I am not alone.
I am not the only one who feels worthless and like if I don't have a goal or a "career" or a business or that I am not hustling enough, that I am nothing as a result and feels a real sense of disassociation with life.
I have talked about this idea with women and men who are people who I look up to. People who are successful by all the typical means: education, career, self-employment, ownership of something, and artists.
Everyone has been saying the same thing. So I wonder if it's a world phenomenon? If it's not just me then there is nothing wrong with me. So, then, maybe we change our thinking and start to take the day one day at a time, one hour at a time. One connection at a time.
That's what's been working for me these days anyway.
I'm dog sitting Adam's parents' Jake Russel Terriers this week. Last night they woke me up around 7am. The hilarious part about this is that I have been struggling to wake up early for a few months now. A few weeks anyway. So, here these dogs are as a gift to me to help me get up in the morning. They got me up this morning earlier than I would have wanted, but at the same time as my goal morning. I woke up with the thought of caring for someone else on my mind. This mindset change gave me more energy and I was able to clearly identify and accomplish my goals. I have been very productive today, doing things for myself and for my other responsibilities like caring for my house. I have been trying to change my morning mindset ever since I became aware of the ugly thoughts that I'd been having. My ugly thoughts were, "oh, not another day, " in the saddest Eyore voice ever. My ugly thoughts were, "sigh. I guess I have to get up n...
Comments
Post a Comment